Sunday, February 3

What The...?

I’ve had a busy few day on the dating front, so please forgive the mind dump that happened today. But I have one final tale to spin tonight.

On Friday after work I had a first meeting. And because I felt like getting out of the city I drove to meet him. It was only an hour, so not to bad. I had agreed to meet him in the local pub. I’d told him that I would wear a grey top with sparkles and black jeans.

I got to the place and did a quick change in the car, new top, stilettos and red lipstick by MAC (that does not come off, ever). I walked to the door, passed the local smokers, they watched me. I looked through the door and turned right back to my car to change my top back to the orange cotton shirt I’d had on at work all day. I was overdressed wearing lipstick, let alone high heels and a spangly blouse.

The guy turned up wearing thongs and board shorts. We chatted for a while before he asked if I’d like to go home with him to meet the wife?

What the …?

Turns out he was looking for a third. Well Honey…That AIN'T me!

He brought a six pack to take home then walked me to my car. He seemed disappointed and confused when I said, ‘It was a pleasure meeting you, but I really don’t think we could play together.’

3 comments:

doll said...

I'm laughing, i can just picture you looking stunning and him looking scrungy.

Wife! why can't they be honest? I hope you had more than a six pack (as in quality not quantity) to end your working week.

Like Riding A Bike said...

I know...he was such a bogan :-)

Also a smoker, when his profile said he was a non-smoker.

Nightmare...but I'm sure there will be nmany of those before the dream is realised.

Susan's Pet said...

A loose quote from the movie, "Cool Hand Luke", is "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Or maybe he was just slow.