Wednesday, January 16

Corsetry

I have lots of corsets.

Overbust, underbust, waspie/cincher, satin, PVC, linen, brocade, lacey, tartan, plain, spotty and pinstripe. I would say that these are as big a fetish as shoes if not more so.

They make me stand up straight, jut out my breasts and smooth the curve of my hips. In short they make me feel very sexy.

It gets attention, but not always the desirable kind.

I was out one night a couple months ago with a couple of friends at a pub. I was wearing a black satin waspie over a white blouse, black jeans and high black shoes. I was laughing and drinking with my friends when a girl who I didn’t know came up to me and said, ‘I can’t believe I’m seeing a woman strapped into a contraption of male oppression in the twenty first century.’

I was stunned and like an idiot asked, ‘I beg your pardon?’

She continued with, ‘women earned the right not to wear those when they burnt their bras and won the vote. You’re making a mockery of female rights.’

I was still stunned that this girl would be bold enough to spout crap at a complete stranger, but not stunned enough to say, ‘I choose to wear this corset and many others. This corset is about the males desire to submit to a strong woman, and until you have experienced a man begging at your feet to serve you because you are wearing one, I suggest you keep you opinions to yourself.’

She went purple in the face and puffed her cheeks before flouncing away.

I turned back to my friends who were also stunned, but not at the girl, at me.

‘Holy crap, LRB, I never knew you had that in you.’

‘Well,’ I said. ‘You’ve never seen me comforted while wearing a corset before. Now you know why I don’t wear them to work. I’d get into all sorts of trouble.’ Then I winked.

10 comments:

doll said...

Lucky you, my tiny little closet won't stretch to accommodate more purchases. They remain a fantasy.

Anonymous said...

jayne,

Closet space isn’t the issue (they take up surprisingly little space), but the bank balance groans whenever I buy a new one.

doll said...

I know they don't take up much space but believe me i am severely limited and i do have to accommodate the vanilla clothes!

My other problem is that i have tried asking permission to buy some more and sent lovely links to Master indicating the ones i love, all to no avail.

BTW, i find the laces a nuisance, is there a special technique for dealing with them that i don't know about?

Susan's Pet said...

LRB,

I have followed your blogs with interest, and have just now caught up to your latest post. I wish that I had found a woman like you when I was in the dating situation.

I want to comment on your corset wearing. Like the woman who accosted you, I agree that no woman "should be forced" to wear one. But I want to add, "unless she insists." But that was not the issue here. I find the garment fascinating because women fascinate me, and I know how corsets accentuate the female figure. It is also very interesting that you do this on your own, knowing well what it does to the admiring males.

Have fun with them, and I look forward to reading more of your adventures with or without corsets.

Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly with you, corsets are as empowering as they are sexy. There is a big difference between wearing one in order to obtain an unnaturally painful hourglass figure in order to accommodate society's ideal of a female (the old fashioned kind) and the wearing of one to accentuate the strength of the female wearing it. Go girl, loved your come back line, thank the stars that I wasn't there with you to give the girl a double whammy back on her opinions!

Anonymous said...

There is an article in The Age today about Melbourne corsetieres, not sure if it's in the SMH as well with Sydney ones. Later in the year I might give it a go, it would be fun to be fitted for one.

Anonymous said...

......so after reading the blog and comments I did surf the net and googled "psychology of wearing a corset" and found this site. http://www.haabet.dk/patent/Psychology/index.html
see what you think ladies, and gents.

Anonymous said...

and this one is brilliant.....http://www.geocities.com/glowmaid/glowingmaidrant13.html

one extract "Moreover, a huge black strap-on dildo and a black corset look really good together.

Anonymous said...

Look what you have done!
http://www.theage.com.au/news/fashion/waist-management/2008/01/17/1200419967702.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the links guys...I now have more place to visit to add to my collection!