Wednesday, December 19

Sassy Shoes

Recently I counted my shoes. I only have 43 pairs.

My ex always accused me of being an Imelda I would like to refute that. For someone with a passion for shoes, I think 43 is a reasonable number. I understand that some may consider this to be an excessive amount of foot covering required by one person, but I would argue that at least five pairs don’t cover my foot at all, they just have a tiny strip of leather that barely holds them on!

I also have a few pairs that are what I class as sassy, not practical in any way (practical = being suitable for work wear). One such pair is my polka dots. They look fabulous with jeans and always draw the eye.

4 comments:

SheenV said...

No, 43 isn't too many in my book. The variety of shoes is one advantage women have over men. Keep 'em comin'!

Like Riding A Bike said...

Yes...now I'm single and can shop for shoes whenever I like without guilt trippin' I will be adding to that number ASAP! ;-)

doll said...

Why oh why do men complain about womens shoe collections, it is nowhere near as expensive as a car collection!!

Did you count yours after seeing that article in the papers about how many pair of shoes the average female owns? I did and like you came out at 43. It may have changed, i add some and get rid of some all the time.

Like Riding A Bike said...

jayne

I didn't see that article, I counted because I needed to find something that I knew was in the same room where I keep my shoes and I was tidying them up ;-)

My ex had a computer habit, trust me when I say it was much more expensive than any pair of shoes I purchased while I was still with him (except maybe my custom made thigh high black leather boots). I only moved on to expensive shoes after I had left!