Saturday, September 13

Shoe Shopping

I should start at the beginning I suppose. In June I went to the US to visit a friend and a few cities, including his home town Pittsburgh. I had told my friend that the only thing I HAD to do was visit my Mecca.

Manolo Blahnik, New York

I was severally hung over but I had to go and buy shoes. I walked into the shop with a security guard and felt sicker. I was standing amongst hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of leather fashioned into some of the finest shoes the world had ever seen.

My mate took a seat and watch me as I walked past lime green crocodile, rosy red courts, yellow peak toes and simple black patent pumps.

I picked up a pair of pumps.

He shook his head and said, ‘If you’re going to spend this much on shoes, you can’t be able to buy them anywhere else.’ Then he pointed to the corner I had missed.

On a pedestal sat a black leather ankle boot. It had a slit down the side and a lace that went all the way around the back. The heel was a good 4 inches tall and zebra print. My jaw dropped.

I tried them on, but due to my delicate state my poor balance stopped me enjoying them too much. I handed over my credit card for those and another pair. I left the store a very happy girl.
I’ll post a picture of them and the other ten pairs of shoes I brought at DSW when they arrive from the UK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh where do you find these lovers of shoe shopping, these men that will happily sit at your feet and pass constructive comment on the fit and style of shoes?