Wednesday, March 12

A Touch of Lippy

Why do men have a fascination with ladies accoutrements?

Bras, knickers, mascara, eyeliner and most of all lipstick. Especially red lipstick. After all, women don’t have the same desires to wear jockstraps or yfronts.

Of all the conversations I have online and over the phone, red lipstick is the thing that crops up the most. I know it’s supposed to be evocative of other lips (ahem, you know, the down there ones) but the last time I looked, my fanny wasn’t scarlet. If it had been I would have taken myself straight to the doctor for tests. It’s a rather healthy deep pink, but then I suppose that colour doesn’t look quite as striking when wore on the facial lips.

So gentleman readers (I know I have a couple at least) spill please. Why red lipstick?
And if you care to share details of other lady bits, feel free.

PS. The picture is of the lipstick that I have purchased as a gift for a very nice guy I know who has a fantasy to wear red lipstick (yes, red only) while going down on a woman so he can see the smears.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss_E here
If you believe the behavioural evolutionarists (is that a word) then as your oestrogen increases then your lips are redder, so the more fertile, and hence attractive, females have redder lips. So you want to look attractive and score then redden those lips girls.

ouimistress said...

For me there is no one lipstick hue that stands out, like most female accouterments it's not the object alone that counts but the way a women wears it and how she expresses herself through it.

Saying that i do have major fetish for female footwear (esp boots) but to really press my buttons the wearer has to have the confidence and authority to show she knows how to wear and enjoy her shoes & boots.

Getting back to the lipstick colour question while i don't have a strong preference for red over other colours the link with a womens other lips is a strong one.
Attractive lips are defined not just by their colour but also their sheen (i.e. moistness) which are the same changes that occur to a women's other lips when she is aroused.

So LRB have you compared your 'colour' when you are aroused and not aroused?

Susan's Pet said...

Dear Lady,

For me it is not the color, but the lips that I find compelling. This is similar to the "chicken or the egg" question. First there was lipstick, than a woman needed a place on which to smear it. Maybe mirrors were unavailable then, so it was easiest to try it on facial lips. The man came along and thought, "Woa, this is hot!" Obviously, this supported the evolution of hot red lips. But I am ranting...

I appreciate female lips of any nature, whatever color. Then there is the fact that "It's not what you have, but what you do with it," that makes the difference.