Wednesday, October 31

The Corporate Suit

I had another first encounter yesterday, my third. Now, they always say third times a charm and all that, but I never believed them until last night. This time I had ventured to arrange a date with a guy several years younger than myself, a guy with a thing for feet.

I arrived at the bar a few minutes early (the taxi had managed to get all green lights) so I ordered myself a drink, propped myself on a bar stool and waited. After about five minutes and EXACTLY on time he arrived. He apologised that he had just come from the gym and wasn’t wearing a suit. He looked amazing in jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Dark hair, slim but muscled body and taller than me, even in three inch heels.

I was halfway through my drink, he waited until I had finished before going to the bar and buying himself one and another for me. We talked about politics, sport, the royal family, the trivia night that happened to be going on around us and several other things including his past relationships. After an hour, both of our emergency phone calls happened (mine from ‘a friend in need’ his for ‘work’) and we decided to call it a night. He drove me home, told me he was playing at being a lawyer and that he really wanted to do other things with his life. He walked me to my front door. Then he kissed me gently. I kissed him back. He was nervous and so was I.

I wanted to open my front door, throw him against the wall, rip all his clothes off and shag him senseless. But I have a rule…never on a first meeting.

I think it’s sensible, but last night I could have kicked my own arse for letting him get away.

PS. He's been emailing me all day and my butterflies have hatched. But I'm still not counting the chickens.

2 comments:

Miss Eudoxia said...

I need butterfly updates please!

Anonymous said...

Soon...my impatient new friend