Wednesday, October 31

The Barman

My second date from a dating site happened on the 22nd. He had maintained that he worked in the hospitality industry and I had chosen not read too much into it. He was a little older than me, but that wasn’t a worry.

After two hours of his company though I was exhausted. He had no conversation. I started every thread and ecked out every piece of information I could. I discovered all sorts of things about him that were undesirable including that he was a smoker. His profile said he was not. So I told him smoking was a deal breaker, I was being kind I could have mentioned the;
>Lack of conversation
>The extra extra padding
>The fact he didn’t buy me a drink
>That he lived with a flat mate
>His lack of transport
>That all he could talk about was the bar work ( he doesn’t even clean his own pipes)
>That he hasn’t read a book since leaving school
And list goes on…

And when he asked why smoking was such a problem I told him his spunk would taste like an ashtray. He looked confused as I waved goodbye.

No comments: